Friday, August 27, 2010

Chocolate cake recipe : A perfect taste

When it comes to baking, everyone has a different way of going over it. Some individuals comply with a recipe exactly and some take a recipe and make it their own. As long as the end result works out incredibly delicious, what does it matter? Experimentation and discovering new ingredients and ways of baking is all part of people having their own preferences and creativity. Plus, it's the method in which new recipes are placed into publication. There's one thing which is, in my opinion, incredibly tough to mess up - a chocolate cake recipe. There isn't a chocolate cake recipe around the world that has not turned into something that I've thought to be terrible. Sure, a number of them can use some improvement, but chocolate is my weakness. As long as it turns out light and moist, I'm in heaven.

It doesn't matter what cookbook you read, you'll find a chocolate cake recipe, or several, which will tempt you beyond belief. There will be diverse toppings, ingredients or icings that'll be recommended. It is possible to pick the chocolate cake recipe that fits the amount of work that you are comfortable with making. Do you want to obtain additional information concerning chocolate? This French article on chocolate (chocolat) holds some useful information and should be interesting for you to have a look.

My grandmother used to make the best cakes. Every year, for my birthday, she would make me a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. For me, you'll find nothing better. She never discussed her recipe with anyone, she just enjoyed we all drooling over it and praising her skills. Her birthday cakes were the key reason I looked toward my birthdays. In her final year of life, she was rather sick. My birthday must have been a week away and she called me to tell me that she was extremely sorry but she wouldn't be able to make my cake. She didn't feel that she had the strength or energy. But, she wished to pass her secret chocolate cake recipe we all longed to have. Within a day, it was within my hands. I read over it, spotting that the last ingredient detailed was "love". My eyes welled up and I decided that I would be baking my own birthday cake that year. I did precisely that, following her chocolate cake recipe to the exact details. On the night of my birthday, I took my grandmother a piece of cake. She ate it very slowly, telling me how great it was. I saw the look of happiness in her eyes.

No matter how many chocolate cake recipes you will find in your lifetime, you will always have one that you're attached to. Perhaps it simply tastes the best, or possibly it has emotional meaning.

No comments: